At Safe Harbors, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. Women, people of color, and other underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Safe Harbors is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, veteran status or other unlawful factors with respect to employment. Safe Harbors is committed to the maintenance of a drug-free workplace and ensuring compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Applying for Open Positions
You may send your resume and a cover letter via email, fax, or mail, making sure to indicate the title of the position you are applying for, to:
Full Time Custodian
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and cleans all floor surfaces, including sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Collects and disposes of trash and rubbish from all floors
- Maintain garbage area and property
- Clean and maintain restrooms, corridors, offices and common areas of the building
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners
- Keep accurate records and inventory of supplies used to perform duties;
- Assist with the set-up for special events;
- Replenishes paper products and soap supplies in public restrooms
- Follows housekeeping schedule outlined by Director of Operations
- Use of heavy cleaning equipment such as floor buffers
- Must be able to meet physical requirement associated with cleaning
- Prepare vacant units for new tenants
- Position requires an organized self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy in a busy supportive housing environment
- Responsible for property maintenance including snow removal and salt distribution
- Other duties as required.
The custodian works with the maintenance staff in assisting with the upkeep and general cleanliness of the physical property. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the Custodian to perform all duties in compliance with the organizations policy and procedures and applicable Fair Housing and Human Rights statues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent & two years’ experience in related field. Strong customer service and communication skills. Ability to pay attention to details.
Fax: (845) 565-4973
Mail: Safe Harbors of the Hudson, ATTN Jobs, 111 Broadway, Newburgh, NY 12550
No phone calls, please.
Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by telephone, all other applicants will receive an e-mail thanking them for their interest in Safe Harbors.