Update: We are no longer accepting resume submissions for this position. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Safe Harbors of the Hudson is Hiring!
ASSOCIATE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
December 2011 Update: We are no longer accepting resume submissions for this position. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Safe Harbors of the Hudson is currently hiring for the position of Associate Executive Director for Founder and Board of Directors
The Associate Executive Director (AED) of Safe Harbors will support the direction and leadership of the Founder and Board of Directors toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives and help set the direction, feel and public image and future of Safe Harbors, The Cornerstone, future commercial spaces and the Ann Street Gallery. The AED will work closely with the Founder and Safe Harbors Board of Directors as well as oversee a staff of 25. The AED will be Safe Harbors of the Hudson and The Cornerstone principal representative with Newburgh government as well as advocate for Safe Harbors projects locally and statewide. Along with the Founder, the AED will lead the fundraising efforts for the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Along with the Founder to serve as a public advocate, aware of and involved with citywide and community issues relevant to the SHOH mission; acting to both assist individuals in need, and to promote positive social change; collaborate with appropriate organizations on community projects in City of Newburgh
- To serve as director of The Cornerstone, responsible for the programs and operations including commercial space and Ann Street Gallery
- Help to set direction, feel and public image of The Cornerstone to include policy that affects tenants, The Cornerstones relationship with the tenants, The Cornerstone’s relationship with community and all public events at The Cornerstone
- Supervising and hiring of all management staff including evaluation, meetings, and ongoing training;
- Work closely with all of our community partners including Independent Living, St. Luke’s Hospital, RECAP and others
- Along with the Founder and Board, prepare and monitor the annual budget for Safe Harbors and The Cornerstone
- Along with the Founder plan, develop and implement Café Space Project as well as all commercial space projects
- Cultivate support new donors as well as apply for grants and public funding for our organization.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college and a minimum of five (5) year’s comparable work experience, including 18 months in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisor capacity; OR
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and a minimum of six (6) year’s comparable work experience, including 18 months in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity
- 5 years of successful management of an organization with the overseeing of a staff of at least ten
- Have strong financial and business background, preferably with a formal education
- Have an understanding and knowledge of grants and grant cycles and ability to research funding for the operation of The Cornerstone, Safe Harbors, and the Ann Street Gallery
- Executive level leadership and managerial ability; superior writing, analytical, and presentation skills; and the ability to direct managerial and professional staff in planning and implementing The Cornerstone’s and Safe Harbors goals and objectives.
- Executive level knowledge of all rules, regulations and laws concerning property management of supportive housing and non-profit regulations
- Superior negotiation and project management ability, including the ability to manage and implement multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Passionate belief in Safe Harbors, The Ritz Theater and Ann Street Gallery’s mission and ability to communicate it
To apply, send a resume and Safe Harbors-specific cover letter (about why you want to work at Safe Harbors) to . Inquiries without those two items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.